€998 Bonus Package
€1200 Bonus Package
€1500 Bonus Package
$500 Bonus Package
Few games compare to baccarat – an all-time classic. This exciting casino card game has tremendous appeal throughout the EU. It relies on lady luck alone. Read for more info on this stunning casino card game.
Baccarat has a rich and fascinating history that dates back to 14th century Europe. It was only in the 21st century that the game was exported to the United States of America, but its origins are firmly rooted in France, and Italy. The big question everyone wants to know is this: how do we know where this fascinating casino card game originated? Well, we know for sure that the game comes from Italy because the word baccarat is a derivation of an Italian word that means zero – the reference to baccarat! The game’s name simply refers to the fact that all cards with paint on them (Jacks, Queens, Kings) as well as 10s simply have a zero value. In other words, a hand with a value of 10 is the equivalent of baccarat. This rule has held firm since time immemorial.
When it comes to baccarat lingo, few games can compete with the wide-ranging terminology that is used. For a great many of these words, their origins are both Italian and French. The name of the game is baccarat, but it is also a term that is used to describe the total value of the player's hand. Typically, a game’s name would be a reference to a positive hand value, but not so in in this case. Unlike blackjack which is the winning hand in that game, baccarat represents a zero-value hand. There are some useful terms that you want to know when playing baccarat:
- Banco - this is a simple reference to the banker
- Banker - this is the type of bet you can place in the game. This is the dealer’s hand and it constitutes one of the three betting possibilities in a typical game of baccarat. Payouts are listed at 1 to 1 – less the banker’s commission.
- Bankroll - this is how much money you've got available to you for playing purposes
- Coup - this constitutes one round of betting – player hand and banker hand
- Dealer - this is a simple reference to the person drawing the cards
- Mini Baccarat - a variant of the game where the dealer draws all cards, and typically offers lower limits to players at casinos and online casinos
- Natural - the player’s initial two cards should sum to 8 or 9
- Player - the player’s hand
- Punto - this is a reference to the player
- Run - a side bet
- Standoff - otherwise known as a tie
- Tie - this is a tie between the player hand and the banker hand
A standard game of modern-day baccarat is played with between 4 and 8 decks of cards. Some 5-14 players compete at any given table. All cards valued at 2 through 9 have their nominal value. 10-value cards such as tens, Jacks, Queens and Kings have a zero value in baccarat. Aces have a value of 1. Players begin the game by placing a wager on either the player or the banker. There is the option to place a tie bet as well. There are specific rules in place regarding the player hand and the banker hand, and each casino may follow a different set of rules. Unlike other casino card games such as blackjack, it is impossible to bust out (such as exceeding 21 in blackjack) in the game of baccarat.
Baccarat is a relatively simple game to learn and play. Players essentially have 3 options available to them: betting on the player hand, the banker hand or a tie bet. Tie bets are the riskiest propositions. Both the player hand and the banker hand have returns of 1:1, but it's important to bear in mind that the return is less on the banker’s hand owing to the 5% commission. The most important strategy to employ when playing this game is that of bankroll management. Careful management of one's bankroll is key to enjoying this exciting casino card game.
- There are no complex strategies to remember
- Avoid tie bets – they have generous odds of 8:1, but they are inherently risky
- Play multiple variants of baccarat and then choose the one that you enjoy most
- Do some research to find the lowest house fees so that your commissions are less
- Practice safe and secure bankroll management at all times – that way you will enjoy the game for longer